At the undergraduate level, the Department of Architecture + Interior Design at Miami University offers a uniquely interdisciplinary curriculum of studio and academic support courses. Numerous off-campus opportunities help to develop interdisciplinary linkages within, among, and outside of the traditional design disciplines.
The Bachelor of Arts in Architecture is a pre-professional degree that prepares students to enter a two-year professional Master of Architecture program, such as Miami University offers.
The CIDA accredited Bachelor of Fine Arts offers a professional undergraduate education in interior design that prepares students to enter practice immediately upon graduation or to pursue further graduate-level education.
Unique features of both programs include:
- Emphasis on interdisciplinary, collaborative experience
- Competitive, portfolio-based admission
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Requirement for student-owned computer and software
- Numerous opportunities for domestic and international off-campus study
- Emphasis on student-directed independent research
- Active participation by outside scholars, studio critics, and lecturers
- Miami’s strong undergraduate liberal education experience